Student Curriculum Advisory Council (SCAC)
The Student Curriculum Advisory Council (SCAC) provides students of all grade levels the opportunity to meet monthly to discuss curriculum with a designated supervisor/department chair from the following departments:
- Social Studies/Family Consumer
- Mathematics/Computer Science/BIT
- World Languages
- Health/Physical Education
- School Counseling
- Practical Arts
Agendas include the following:
- Supervisors/department chairs outline new curricular offerings available for the current and next school year
- Supervisors/department chairs discuss the goals of the department and the long-term view and future of the department.
- Supervisors/department chairs ask for input from students on curricular issues. Student experiences provide valuable feedback for program adjustments.
- Students provide input about potential new courses they would like to see added.
- Supervisors/department chairs take input gained from students and disseminate it to their department.
Students may sign-up to join SCAC during the Activities Fair offered each fall in Center Court during periods 4, 5 & 6.