District Retirees Honored at School Board Meeting
May 19, 2014
|Staff members honored at the School Board meeting: Cynthia Schreiner, Marilyn Reinhard, Mary Luxbacher, Gary Ford, and Mary Ann Schnirel, and School Board President Elaine Cappucci.
At the May 19, 2014 School Board meeting, retiring staff members were honored for their service to the school district. This year there are three administrators, four teachers and five support staff retiring from the District, representing over 243 years of expertise and experience. Their devotion and dedication to Mt. Lebanon students deserves our thanks, appreciation, and best wishes as they retire and move on to the next phase of their life.
2014 Mt. Lebanon School District Retirees:
• Dr. Deb Allen- Deb was hired in 1988 as a Director of Pupil Services and retired as Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Education last month. Her leadership role within the District included curriculum development, directing student support services— including supervising the School Psychologists, Health Services and Special Education Departments—along with the supervision of elementary education, and serving in a leadership position for the last two strategic plans. Dr. Allen retired in April after 26 years with the District.
• Connie Lewis– Connie began her career at Mt. Lebanon in 2001 as the Supervisor of Special Education where she continued in that position until her retirement this past April after 13 years with the District. Over the years, Mrs. Lewis instituted many programs that have made significant improvements for our special education students.
• Mary Ann Schnirel –Mary Ann began her career in Mt. Lebanon as a 1st grade teacher. She served as an IST teacher, a Language Arts Program Coordinator, Professional Resource Teacher, and served the last 9 years of her career as the elementary principal at Hoover Elementary School. Mrs. Schnirel retired at midyear after 25 years with the District.
• Gary Ford – Gary was hired in August, 2001 as a social studies teacher at the high school, where he taught for the last 13 years. If you happened to walk by Gary’s class you may have caught a glimpse of Abraham Lincoln lecturing the class. Gary is a well known Lincoln impersonator.
• Mary Luxbacher –Mary began teaching in Mt. Lebanon in 1980 as a special education teacher at the high school. She moved to Howe Elementary School in 1989 as a 3rd grade teacher and continued in that position throughout the remainder of her teaching career at Mt. Lebanon. Mary is retiring after 34 years with the District.
• Marilyn Reinhard – Marilyn began her career in Mt. Lebanon as a second grade teacher at Lincoln Elementary School in August, 1993. She moved into the position of IST teacher in 1997 and has remained at Lincoln for her entire career. Marilyn is retiring after serving 21 years with the District.
• Cynthia Schreiner – Cindy began her career at Mt. Lebanon High School in August, 1979 as an English and Drama teacher. In 1992 she took the position as drama teacher. Since that time, Cindy has been a major influence in shaping the high school theatre department, developing the program into one of the finest high school drama departments in the state. She has mentored scores of students, including many who have gone on to successful careers performing on stage, screen, and television. Mrs. Schreiner is retiring after 35 years with the District.
• Elizabeth Baer – Beth was hired in August, 2000 and served as the Instructional Clerk at Jefferson Elementary school, where she worked until she retired this past December after 13 and a half years with the District.
• Anthony Biagini– Anthony, or Rich as he is known, was hired as a custodian in April, 2002 at Mt. Lebanon High School where he worked throughout his career. Rich retired this past winter after 12 years with Mt. Lebanon.
•Maureen Bushman –Maureen began her career in Mt. Lebanon in August, 1994 as an instructional clerk at Washington Elementary School. She then moved to Jefferson Middle School when it opened in 1998 and served as the secretary to the assistant principal where she stayed until August, 2008. At that time Maureen took the position as secretary to the elementary principal at Jefferson Elementary School and served there for the remainder of her career in the District. Maureen retires after 20 years with the District.
• Marilyn Hesemann –Marilyn was hired in January, 2004 and worked as a special education classroom aide at the high school during her entire career. Marilyn retired mid-year after 10.5 years with the District.
• Myrona Little –Myrona was hired in March, 1993, as a cafeteria worker. She also worked as an aid in the child development class in the high school, as a clerk in the high school principal’s office, and a special education classroom aide at Jefferson Middle School where she worked for the remaining 14 and a half years of her career. Myrona is retiring after 21 years with the District.