Mt. Lebanon School District Medication Administration
For safety reasons, the administration of student medications, either prescription or non-prescription, during school hours is strongly discouraged.
If a physician deems it medically necessary for your child to take medications, either prescription or non-prescription during the school day, the authorization for medication form, signed by a parent and completed by the physician, must be returned to your child’s health office.
The following summarizes the procedure:
• Prescription medication must be in the appropriate pharmacy labeled container.
• Over-the-counter medication must be in the original bottle.
• A new form is required for each medication change, dose change, time change and for each school year.
• One form is needed for each medication order.
• It is the responsibility of your child to report to the health office for his/her medication.
Please remember your child may not receive his/her medication if these procedures are not followed.
Feel free to contact your child’s school nurse if you have any concerns or questions regarding this matter.