- To qualify a student must be a junior or senior and have completed at least one semester at Mt. Lebanon High School.
- The Quality Point Average (QPA) must be a cumulative 3.8 weighted (including the add-on) according to the Mt. Lebanon High School guidelines and in compliance with the National Chapter regulations. The QPA will be based on the weighted system. All high school grades including those from your previous high school(s) will be included.
- All QPA's will be verified based on mid-year calculations.
- Quality Point Average is calculated in February.
- A parent/student notification letter is sent to all students who meet the 3.8 weighted QPA informing them that the student has met the academic requirements.
- Group meetings are held for the purpose of informing prospective members of the goals and objectives of the National Honor Society and the selection process and requirements involving service, leadership and character.
- The completed application is returned by the candidates who are interested in the National Honor Society organization.
- A five member Faculty Council, selected by the Principal and under the direction of the National Honor Society Adviser, reviews each candidate in terms of service, leadership and character. All names will be removed from the applications before review by the Faculty Council.
- A letter is sent to the parents and student notifying them of the selection. All applicants will be notified.
- A mandatory rehearsal and induction ceremony is held in late April.
MAINTAINING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- The same requirements needed for membership must be continued to retain membership. These include maintenance of high academic achievement, membership in organized activities, attendance at NHS meetings, a minimum of 10 hours of community service for each academic year (a total of 40 by your senior year must be completed before the community service deadline for current members), leadership roles, and good character.
- Any single severe indication of poor character may result in dismissal from NHS.
COMPLETION OF STUDENT APPLICATION PACKET
- All sections must be completed. Application must be submitted electronically.
- Submit the Student Application Packet as soon as possible to onbe of the sponsors by 3:15 PM on the application deadline date. NO exceptions or extensions.
- Any questions should be directed to the National Honor Society Co-Sponsors, Mrs. Gina Stein and Mrs. Christy Smith.