Mt. Lebanon High School Traffic and Parking Update
The following closures/traffic patterns will be in effect beginning August 31, 2015 until further notice. Thank you for your continued patience during the high school construction project.
Map of High School Campus Updated August 31, 2015
Questions-Call the High School Principal's Office at 412-344-2003.
August 31, 2015 Update
Entering the High School Building
Three entrances will be open for students prior to 8:10am. Parkway Vo-Tech students should continue to report to school for bus pick-up at their scheduled time. Unless arrangements are made in advance with a teacher, students will be unable to enter the building prior to the times listed below:
A “Welcome Back Students and Staff” sign is located on the exterior of the building above each of the entrances listed below.
(Cochran Road Entrance):Open 7:15am – 8:10am
(South Parking Lot near Fine Arts Theatre)
Open 7:15am – 8:10am (students);Open 7:15am – 4:00pm (visitors)
(Intersection of Stadium and Horsman Drive; Across from Athletic Building):
Open 7:15am – 4:00 pm (students & visitors)
General Traffic/Campus Access Information
• North Parking Lot (from Lebanon Avenue) continues to be CLOSED until further notice. This lot no longer serves as a drop-off/pick-up location for students. There is NO visitor parking in this area.
• The Horsman Drive driveway continues to remain OPEN from Cochran Road to the South Parking Lot (section of road in front of the A-2 (auditorium) entrance). However, this is NOT a student drop-off point. The A-2 (auditorium) entrance will NOT be open for student entry.
• Horsman Drive from Stadium Drive to Lebanon Avenue (section of road in front of athletic building) will continue to remain closed through the remainder of the project.
• Morgan Drive (from Cedar Boulevard) continues to remain open. The high school stadium, field house, and Mt. Lebanon Recreation Center are accessible from Morgan Drive via Cedar Boulevard.
Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up and Handicapped Access
•From Cochran Road – Vehicles proceeding along Cochran Road continue to be able to enter the high school campus using the Horsman Drive driveway (see attached map). Vehicles should then proceed around the rear of the South Parking Lot, make a right down Horsman Drive and then drop-off/pick-up students near the intersection of Horsman and Stadium Drives (see attached map). Vehicles should then proceed down Stadium Drive to exit the campus. After dropping a student off at this location, students should proceed to entrance B-9 or C-20 (before 8:10am) depending on the location of their homeroom. Drop-off/pick-up is NOT permitted along the Horsman Drive driveway in front of the A-2 (auditorium) entrance.
•From Morgan Drive – Vehicles proceeding up Morgan Drive will continue to be able to drop-off/pick-up students near the intersection of Horsman and Stadium Drives (see attached map). Vehicles should then proceed down Stadium Drive to exit the campus. After dropping a student off at this location, students should proceed to entrance B-9 or C-20 (before 8:10am) depending on the location of their homeroom.
• North Parking Lot continues to be CLOSED and is NOT a drop-off/pick-up location until further notice.
• Visitor and Handicap Parking -- Available in the South Parking Lot. Handicap access is through Entrances B-9 and C-20 beginning at 7:15am.
***Please note that municipal signage states that there is no stopping or standing on Lebanon Avenue and Cochran Road. Failure to obey posted signage may result in being ticketed.
Student Parking for Juniors and Seniors
Student parking is located for juniors and seniors in the Mt. Lebanon United Lutheran Church Parking Lot (intersection at Cochran and Washington Roads), Commissioners’ Parking Lot (School District designated spaces only), and Dixon Field Parking Lot. Permit enforcement will begin on September 21. Please note that the Mt. Lebanon United Lutheran Church Parking Lot closes to all students on Wednesdays at 3:30pm through the end of October due to the Farmers’ Market held in that lot.