- Click the first PDF link above for the current brochure.
- The Winter program will begin on January 24th (Monday classes will begin on January 30th). There will be no classes 1/26, 1/28, 2/23, and 3/11. Brochures will be mailed to homes at the end of December.
- The Winter driver education program begins January 24th. There will be a second fall driver education class beginning in March. The class will be held from 6-9 pm Tuesday and Wednesday evenings for 5-weeks. We accept last minute registrations. Direct any other questions to the adult education office at 412.344.2020.
- Be sure to like our new Facebook page and follow us on Twitter for class cancellations and updates on upcoming classes.
- Click the link above to see the current classes offered this term.
- We have 4-terms with different classes offered each term: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.
- The fall brochure is mailed in mid-August and classes begin in the middle of September. The winter brochure is mailed at the end of December and classes begin in January. The combined spring and summer brochure is mailed at the end of March. Spring classes begin in April and summer classes begin the middle of June.
- Courses are not offered to anyone under the age of 18 with the exception of driver education and SAT preparation.
Driver Education (This program is for students only under the age of 18):
The Mt. Lebanon Driver Education Program is a state accredited program that meets the 30 hours of theory and 6 hours of car instruction that most insurance companies are looking for. Our full program is a 3-tiered approach. Students in in this program will attend 30 hours of theory (classroom) instruction at Mt. Lebanon High School, be required to complete 3 sessions in our state of the art driving simulator (pictured), and are also given on-road instruction with one of our instructors. We do not administer the permit test, but are able to administer the licensing test upon the completion of our program. We use our own vehicle (parked outside of entrance B9) and our instructors have their own brake on the passenger side of the car.
Can I register if I'm only fifteen?
Students without a permit can still enroll in our full program, but cannot do the on-road instruction until they have passed the permit test. We have many students who take our program and have to call us after they get their permit for on-road instruction. We ask that you register for the full program, but let us know when you turn 16 and have your permit, so we can begin the on-the-road instruction.
I did the theory portion of driver education elsewhere. Can I take the car portion at Mt. Lebanon HS? Students who have taken and passed the theory component of driver education outside of Mt. Lebanon can sign up for the car only part of our program (but we must see proof that you completed the theory program elsewhere). Mt. Lebanon students receive 1 credit on their transcript for completing both the theory and the on-road portions of our program.
When is the best time to take a driver education program? Ideally, you want to take driver edcuation classes when you are preparing for your permit test. However, that doesn't work perfectly for everyone. Our program is a large time commitement, so you should take it when it best fits your schedule. Driver Education classes are offered year round. Typically, classes are offered in early September, late October, January, May, and multiple times over the summer. Students should take the class nearest their 16th birthday, and one that is not too demanding on their schedule as it is a 30-hour classroom commitment, 3-simulator sessions, and multiple sessions in the car. For additional information on our driver education program, please call (412) 344-2020.