The Mt. Lebanon School District Communications Department supports Mt. Lebanon students, staff, parents, and community by providing a forum for strategic, two-way communication. The department works to inform internal and external audiences through the media, marketing and print materials, video, Web and social media platforms. the Mtl. Lebanon High School Alumni program is also part of the Communications Department.
General Questions About the Mt. Lebanon School District
- Contact Cissy Bowman, Director of Communications at email@example.com or phone 412.344.2026.
- For more information about the Mt. Lebanon School District visit the About Us section on our website.
New to the area or relocating to Mt. Lebanon?
- To find out more information about the District and to receive an information packet, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mt. Lebanon School District welcomes inquiries from members of the media. Please direct all media requests to:
When emergencies, such as weather conditions or power failures, require the delay or closing of school, notice is given as early as possible. Weather closings and delay notices are usually posted by 6:00 a.m. Typically, when school is canceled, after-school and evening activities are not conducted.
Phone Alert System
In the event of a school delay or closing, parents will receive a phone call from the District's Emergency Phone Alert System to the primary phone number listed with the school. Only one call per family is made. Calls are made no later than 10:00 p.m. and no earlier than 6:00 a.m. Your caller ID will display “Mt. Lebanon School District” and the District’s main number of 412-344-2000. The success of this system depends on accurate contact information obtained from school records. If your information has changed, phone numbers may be updated in the Dashboard or by contacting the building secretary.
Information Sources for a Delay or Closing:
- MTLSD website: www.mtlsd.org
- School District Cable Channels 19 (Comcast) and 33 (Verizon)
- Mt. Lebanon Public Access Channels 17(Comcast) and 34 (Verizon)
- KDKA TV and www.kdka.com; WPXI TV and www.wpxi.com; WTAE TV and www.thepittsburghchannel.com
- KDKA Radio 1020 AM
- Twitter: @MTLSD ; @MTLSDSUPER
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MTLSD
- Push notifications through the MTL APPMTLSD website: www.mtlsd.org
Alumni interested in scheduling a tour of the high school during their reunion weekend should contact Cissy Bowman at email@example.com in advance of the event. Tours are held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings.