The Draft Mt. Lebanon School District Health and Safety Plan was presented to the School Board on July 15, 2020. The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) requires all school districts in the state to outline their plans to reopen school using this document. The School Board will vote on the final plan on July 29 which will then be submitted to the PDE.
The framework for this plan is flexible, adaptive, and responsive to the needs of Mt. Lebanon School District families as conditions may change.
- Health and Safety Guidelines and Standards - Health & Safety Plan is based upon current guidance from the CDC, ACHD, PA Departments of Health and Education, and the Governor’s office. In addition, stakeholder input was a key component.
- Highest Standards of Cleaning and Disinfection - Exceeding recommendations.
- Contingent Educational Options - Including full-time in-person and full-time online. A hybrid option is included in the plan that may be necessary based upon changing conditions.
- PDE - Provided Template - Aligns to the Governor’s red, yellow, and green phases. *As of now there are no metrics that delineate the phases.
Your feedback on the Draft Health and Safety Plan is essential to inform our final plan. We also need your feedback concerning a Hybrid Option, and, if applicable, your intent regarding participation in the Mt. Lebanon Cyber Learning Academy. Included below are links to all of the feedback forms as well as the Draft Plan and a PDF of the School Board Presentation below.
- July 15, 2020 School Board Presentation Waterfront Learning (Video)
- July 15, 2020 School Board Presentation Draft Health and Safety Plan (Video)
- July 15, 2020 School Board Special Board Meeting (Video of the entire meeting)
Comment Form on the Draft Health & Safety Plan - Please comment by July 23
Feedback Form on a Hybrid Model - Please comment by July 23
- Form to Declare Your Intent for the Mt. Lebanon Cyber Learning Academy - Please respond by August 1