Secondary Hybrid/Cyber (Remote) FAQ
If COVID-19 metrics continue to trend favorably and staffing goals can be accomplished, the District is targeting the implementation of the Secondary Hybrid model and the return of students, under this model, to our buildings beginning the week of October 5, 2020. The Mt. Lebanon Cyber Learning Academy will begin operation this same week for those families who prefer to continue in a fully remote learning environment.
Our faculty is committed to providing our students with an excellent, high quality, academic experience throughout the 2020-2021 school year. As we prepare to transition, here are additional details regarding the learning model in the secondary program (grades 6-12).
- What does instruction look like in the Hybrid model?
- What does instruction look like in the Cyber Learning Academy?
- In either Hybrid or the Cyber Learning Academy, will I have my same teacher as in Remote instruction?
- In either Hybrid or the Cyber Learning Academy, do I have to continue to follow my school's bell schedule?
- In either Hybrid or the Cyber Learning Academy, will I continue to progress through the curriculum?
- If conditions warrant a transition back to Remote Instruction in my school, what will happen?
- Will I need to wear a mask while in the school for Hybrid Instruction?
- What other aspects of the District's Health & Safety Plan will occur during Hybrid Instruction?
- Will there be an opportunity to change the mode of instruction (Hybrid versus Cyber) for my child at the 9 weeks mark?
- Who will instruct the class if the faculty member is unable to return to the building?
- When will faculty/staff prepare for the transition to the Hybrid/continuation of Remote Instruction under the Cyber Learning Academy?
- What does the gradual opening look like for the week of October 5?
- Should my student participate in the Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) as called for in the Health & Safety Plan?
- What is the expectation for hand hygiene?
- Will 6’ of physical distancing be maintained at all times?
- Can a student participate remotely during an In-Person day?
- What occurs if a student becomes ill during the school day?
- Will students share equipment?
- How does the 2-1-2 Hybrid Model work if there is a day off in the week? For example Monday, October 12 school is closed.
- Will a teacher’s voice be amplified since they will be wearing a mask?