When emergencies, such as weather conditions or power failures, require the delay or closing of school, notice is given as early as possible. Weather closings and delay notices are usually posted by 6:00 a.m. Typically, when school is canceled, after-school and evening activities are not conducted.
Phone Alert System
In the event of a school delay or closing, parents will receive a phone call from the District's Emergency Phone Alert System to the primary phone number listed with the school. Only one call per family is made. Calls are made no later than 10:00 p.m. and no earlier than 6:00 a.m. Your caller ID will display “Mt. Lebanon School District” and the District’s main number of 412-344-2000. The success of this system depends on accurate contact information obtained from school records. If your information has changed, phone numbers may be updated in the Dashboard or by contacting the building secretary.
Information Sources for a Delay or Closing:
- MTLSD website: www.mtlsd.org
- School District Cable Channels 19 (Comcast) and 33 (Verizon)
- Mt. Lebanon Public Access Channels 17(Comcast) and 34 (Verizon)
- KDKA TV and www.kdka.com; WPXI TV and www.wpxi.com; WTAE TV and www.thepittsburghchannel.com
- KDKA Radio 1020 AM
- Twitter: @MTLSD ; @MTLSDSUPER
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MTLSD
- Push notifications through the MTL APPMTLSD website: www.mtlsd.org