COVID-19 School Testing
The Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH), in partnership with Concentric by Ginkgo Bioworks (Ginkgo), is offering COVID-19 testing services at no cost to all K-12 schools across the Commonwealth for the entire 2022-2023 school year. We are excited to share our partnership with Concentric by Ginkgo regarding K-12 COVID Testing in our schools.
Test-to-Stay (TTS) Program Information
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, which is in partnership with Concentric by Ginkgo Bioworks for this program, Test-to-Stay (TTS) is a COVID-19 strategy that enables school-aged students and staff to continue in-person learning while minimizing the disruption of quarantine on students, families, and schools. Specifically,
TTS allows individuals who are identified as a close contact to a case of COVID-19 in certain school settings to continue in-person learning, so long as they remain asymptomatic and serially test negative for COVID-19.
Students and staff, who are not required to quarantine under CDC guidance, do not need to participate in TTS to continue in-person learning, as long as they remain asymptomatic.
Individuals who were exposed to COVID-19 in non-school settings (e.g., household or community exposure) are not eligible for TTS and should continue to follow the standard CDC-recommended protocol for exposure.
- How do I sign up to participate in the Mt. Lebanon School District K-12 COVID-19 Testing Program?
- What is Test-to-Stay?
- How often do TTS participants need to be tested?
- Do individuals participating in test-to-stay need to quarantine for any period?
- Where can I find out more information?
- What does participation include?
- Where can I find the required consent form?