The Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH), in partnership with Concentric by Ginkgo Bioworks (Ginkgo), is offering COVID-19 testing services at no cost to all K-12 schools across the Commonwealth for the entire 2021-2022 school year. We are excited to share our partnership with Concentric by Ginkgo regarding K-12 COVID Testing in our schools.
- How do I sign up to participate in the Mt. Lebanon School District K-12 COVID-19 Pool Testing Program?
- How does the pool testing work?
- How will I know the result of my test?
- Is the pool testing for both students and employees?
- Is the process voluntary?
- How often will I be tested?
- What type of samples are taken?
- Who performs the nasal swab?
- What happens after the tests are complete?
- What happens if I am in a positive pool sample?
- Do I have to quarantine if a pool sample that I am included in returns a positive test result?
- Am I eligible to participate in the process?
- Where and when does testing take place?
- How can I help prepare my child for testing?
- Can I opt-out on the day testing is to take place?
- What steps should schools take based on results of pool testing?
- Where can I find out more information?