Welcome to Mt. Lebanon School District Nursing Services Department.
The Nursing Services Department Mission is: To foster the growth, development and educational achievement of each student by promoting his or her health and wellness in a safe and supportive environment.
According to the National Association of School Nurses: “School Nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well being and academic success and lifelong achievement of students.”
Mt. Lebanon School Nurses support learning by:
- providing support and coordinating care for children with chronic health problems
- actively collaborating with faculty/staff/parents/community providers to help achieve student wellness
- being active members of student support/assistant teams
- assessing and treating day - day illnesses and injuries that occur during the school hours
- performing health screenings as mandated by the PA Department of Health
- reviewing and monitoring immunizations on all children
- providing health education and wellness programs to students and employees
- providing nursing services as needed
- providing a safe and healthy environment for students/employees