The Mt. Lebanon School District offers a half-day kindergarten program which provides opportunities for children to grow cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally. Every content area is begun in kindergarten with specific goals and objectives geared to the different developmental levels of the children. Per District Policy JEB, children who reach the age of five before September 8th or the first student day of school (whichever occurs later) are eligible to enter kindergarten in September of that school year. Parents are encouraged to notify the school of their child’s eligibility for the kindergarten program. A birth certificate or passport and evidence of basic immunization must be presented before a child’s entrance to school. New entrants to kindergarten must be enrolled prior to the end of the first two weeks of school, transfer students excepted.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year WIll Open February 1st, 2022!
- Enrollment Forms
- Immunization Requirements
- Kindergarten Orientation
- Kindergarten Screening
- Kindergarten Interviews
- A Day in Kindergarten
- Helpful Information
- Countdown to Kindergarten
- Teacher Videos
As the parents of an incoming kindergarten student, you most likely have many questions - especially if this is your first child. We hope that the information provided here helps to answer some of these questions.
- The toys in the classroom have been selected to provide the students with not only particular academic objectives, but also with opportunities for important lessons in sharing and taking turns. Please have your child leave his or her toys at home. Problems arise when things from home get lost or become a cause for disagreement. Students will have opportunities later in the year for Show-and-Tell. Also, please limit fashion accessories such as bracelets or necklaces that may be a distraction.
- Please tie shoes in double-knots.
- Please Label all of your child's belongings with his or her name.
- Field trips are planned to coincide with our curriculum. We take one fieldtrip in the fall and one in the spring. A field trip permission form will be sent home prior to all field trips.
- Kindly send a written note to school following your child's absence so that it can mark it as "excused."
- Kindergarten students will receive report cards twice a year. You will receive the first report card in January and the final report card in June.
- Kindergarten conferences are offered once a year. These conferences are held in November. Although you will not be receiving an official report card at this time, the teacher will share samples of your child's work and discuss his/her progress. You will also have the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have regarding your child.
- Open House is a wonderful opportunity for the whole family to come to school in the evening to see the classrooms and other areas of the school. The children are always so excited to show you their work! This event is now held in the spring.