Interested in Becoming a Guest Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher with the Mt. Lebanon School District?
Great Schools need great teachers. If you are thinking about a career in education, returning to the workforce, or looking to work with children, the Mt. Lebanon School District has employment opportunities for you.
As a guest substitute teacher you will gain valuable experience and have a positive impact on kids.
What is the Minimum Qualification to become a Guest Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher?
All candidates interested in substitute teaching in the Mt. Lebanon School District must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
What is the Process for becoming a Guest Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher?
- Complete an online application.
- Provide a resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation.
- Attend a one day Guest Teacher Orientation hosted by MTLSD.
- Pass the online Sub-Skills Courses through the Utah State University STEDI program, which would be assigned at the orientation
Secure the following:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania Criminal History Check
- Department of Education FBI Clearance
- Official transcripts from an accredited institution
- Act 168 Form
- Completion of Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training
- Provide verification of a physical and TB test results
- Completion of MTLSD interview
- Completion of classroom observation
Is there a Fee Associated with the Training?
Yes, there is a $125 fee that covers the cost of the online courses, workbook and all related materials. This fee is paid by the applicant which will be refunded to you if you work 10 or more days for the District.
How do I Get More Information?
For more information on the Guest Teacher Training please call Human Resources at 412-344-2096.