Our number one priority in the Mt. Lebanon School District is the safety of our students and staff. We continue to review and refine our procedures in collaboration with the Mt. Lebanon Emergency Response Personnel - police, fire, and MRTSA .
At the recommendation of the MLPD, we will implement an electronic visitor/volunteer management system for all buildings K-12 on the first day of school, August 26. This new system adds another layer to our building safety and security procedures.
The District's new visitor management system replaces manual paper based logs and internally developed electronic systems. It also allows us to electronically check persons against known sexual offender databases and produce customized visitor badges.
- Upon entering the building each time, all visitors/volunteers/outside contractors, age 16 years or older, who wish to exit the office and enter the school will be asked to present a valid government issued ID.
- You will not be required to show your ID if you only need to stop in the office to drop off items, pick up a child etc.
- The ID will be electronically checked against know sexual offender databases and a visitor badge will be printed.
- For every visit, the ID will be retained in the office and returned to the individual when checking out of the building. IDs will be kept in a secure location.
- Visitors must display a visitor's ID badge at all times.
- This system only utilizes the visitor's name, date of birth, and photo for comparison with a national database of registered sex offenders. Additional visitor data, such as a driver's license number, is not gathered, and no data will be shared with any outside company or organization.
- In the instance of a large school event such as a concert, each school will continue their practices established to admit guests .
We will continue our primary security practice of screening visitors at the front door of the school before allowing entry to the building vestibule and office.
Thank you in advance for your patience and support as we implement this new system.