See your counselor for information on available courses.
Student Assistance Program Referrals
Click here for a SAP referral form. Completed forms should be returned to the High School Counseling Office.
Click here for an informational brochure on the Student Assistance Program.
*Referrals may be submitted by teachers, administrators, parents, nurses, counselors or students.
The Student Assistance Program is carried out by a team of administrators, school counselors, teachers, school nurses, school psychologists and consultants trained to recognize high-risk behaviors that create barriers to learning and impede academic success.
Student Assistance Program Functions
- To identify students who may be experiencing severe absenteeism, significant declines in academic performance, drug and alcohol use, symptoms of depression and anxiety, and/or other mental health concerns
- To receive referrals from parents/guardians, teachers, students and staff
- To collect and provide multi-sourced, objective data to parents
- To develop a plan of support within the school environment for referred students
- To provide community-based referral services to families on an as needed basis
Room B-521 Mrs. Shine Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday Periods 1-8
Before School Monday - Friday: 7:15AM - 8:00AM
After School Monday - Thursday: 3:00PM - 3:25 PM
Room C-403 Ms. Fabbro. Email: MFabbro@mtlsd.net
Speak to your School Counselor for Study Center hours.
WHAT IS TEENSCREEN?
The TeenScreen Program is a tool created by Columbia University to screen for risk factors associated with depression and other mental illnesses but does not make a formal diagnosis. Parents of youth found to be at possible risk are notified and assisted in identifying and connecting to local mental health services.
For more information, click here.
OUTREACH – TEEN & FAMILY SERVICES, INC. offers many programs at their Washington Road location including Parent Programs, Family Counseling, Youth Counseling and others. Please see their website below for a full range of services offered.
OUTREACH - TEEN & FAMILY SERVICES, INC.
666 Washington Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15228-1913
OutReach Teen & Family Services also offers classes throughout the year that may be of interest to students and their families. Their Choices Program is one such program. Get more information here.
Please see your counselor for information and recommendations.