See your counselor for information on available courses.
Student Assistance Program Referrals
Click here for a SAP referral form. Completed forms should be returned to the High School Counseling Office.
Click here for an informational brochure on the Student Assistance Program.
*Referrals may be submitted by teachers, administrators, parents, nurses, counselors or students.
The Student Assistance Program is carried out by a team of administrators, school counselors, teachers, school nurses, school psychologists and consultants trained to recognize high-risk behaviors that create barriers to learning and impede academic success.
Student Assistance Program Functions
- To identify students who may be experiencing severe absenteeism, significant declines in academic performance, drug and alcohol use, symptoms of depression and anxiety, and/or other mental health concerns
- To receive referrals from parents/guardians, teachers, students and staff
- To collect and provide multi-sourced, objective data to parents
- To develop a plan of support within the school environment for referred students
- To provide community-based referral services to families on an as needed basis
Room B-521 Mrs. Shine Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See current schedule here.
Room C-403 Ms. Fabbro. Email: MFabbro@mtlsd.net
Speak to your School Counselor for Study Center hours.
Current schedule posted at the Lab (B-616) and on the high school website here.
WHAT IS TEENSCREEN?
The TeenScreen Program is a tool created by Columbia University to screen for risk factors associated with depression and other mental illnesses but does not make a formal diagnosis. Parents of youth found to be at possible risk are notified and assisted in identifying and connecting to local mental health services.
For more information, click here .
OUTREACH – TEEN & FAMILY SERVICES, INC. offers many programs at their Washington Road location including Parent Programs, Family Counseling, Youth Counseling and others. Please see their website below for a full range of services offered.
OUTREACH - TEEN & FAMILY SERVICES, INC.
666 Washington Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15228-1913
OutReach Teen & Family Services also offers classes throughout the year that may be of interest to students and their families. Click here for a current listing of classes offered in teh community.
Please see your counselor for information and recommendations.