Our students were eager to close the Lincoln Winter Olympics 2018 on Friday, February 23, 2018. During the last two weeks all students participated in the opening ceremony and the "Parade of Nations"; learned about their country in their classroom and encores classes; decorated their classroom doors to show off their selected country; competed against their fellow country members in Winter Olympics events in PE class; and competed against their fellow grade level countries in the Winter Olympics Medal Round on February 22, 2018. Below you can see the final standings showing how the countries fared in the competitions.
- GOLD – Mrs. LoVerde's class – South Korea
- SILVER – Mrs. Locke's class – Italy
- BRONZE – Ms. Davies' class – England
- GOLD – Ms. Stefurak's class – Netherlands
- SILVER – Mrs. Rivera's class – Puerto Rico
- BRONZE – Ms. Lewis's class – Sweden
- GOLD – Mrs. Flinter's class – Spain
- SILVER – Ms. Roehrig's class – Germany
- BRONZE – Ms. Kennedy's class – Canada
- GOLD – Ms. Pugh's class – Switzerland
- SILVER – Mrs. Maehling's class – Austria
- BRONZE – Ms. Dapper's class – Denmark
- GOLD – Mrs. Snyder's class – Finland
- SILVER – Mrs. Woessner's class – Ireland
- BRONZE – Ms. McElhinny's class – Norway
We are so proud of the students' efforts throughout the Lincoln Winter Olympics 2018. Their hard work, determination, sportsmanship, and competitive spirit helped them to represent their countries admirably! Although we are saddened to see the Lincoln Winter Olympics 2018 and the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, come to close, we know that our students have created memories that will last for years to come.
We would be remiss if we did not give a big "Thank You!" shout out to Mr. Yannascoli, the Lincoln teachers and staff. If it was not for all of their efforts under Mr. Yannascoli's leadership as our Lincoln Winter Olympics director, none of this would have been possible. Check out our very own Lincoln Winter Olympics 2018 highlight video by clicking the link below. Enjoy!