Lincoln Elementary Science Fair, sponsored by the Lincoln PTA, was held on Wednesday, April 4th. It showcased many Lincoln students' talent for science! This year's science fair was open to students in Grades 2 – 5. We want to thank Mrs. Maggie Frey and Mrs. Amanda Babst for serving as the Lincoln PTA Science Fair committee co-chairs. Under their leadership, this year's science fair was a resounding success! A special thank you goes out to Mad Science for sponsoring the Polymer Playground and Electricity Funstations. We would be remiss if we did not thank the following people for serving as science fair judges:
- Dr. Shelly Burr
- Dr. Stuart Hellring
- Lars Mahler
- Matthew Rich
- Kevin Schwartz
- Ashton Seward
- Morgan Sharick
- Dr. Marianne Seney
- Morgan Stetson
- Alexis Tsudy
- Dr. Flora Wu
We really appreciate them spending time to volunteer and share their expertise in science with our science fair participants. Over fifty (50) projects were entered and on display for all in attendance. Our judges had some difficult decisions to make. In the end, the following projects were recognized by the judges as one of the top entries in each grade level category.
Grade 2 – Honorable Mentions
- Abigail Demsich and Courtney Loughney – Why It is Important to Brush Your Teeth
- Connor Battis – How to Float a Rock
- Natalie Adams – Slime
Grade 3 – Honorable Mentions
- Henry Ihrig and Jonas Eger – Friction-What Will Slide on Ice?
- Joseph Curran – Magnetic Science
- Sydney Ogoreuc – How High Will the Rocket Go?
- 1st Place – Duncan Woolridge and Gregory Kelly – What Is My Dog Drinking?
- 2nd Place – Liam Frey – Probability
- 3rd Place – Henry Adams – Drop Your FIO$
- 1st Place – Simon Kalafut – It's a Drag-A Study of Aerodynamics
- 2nd Place – Mae Cane and Maeve McNamee – Natural is to DYE For
- 3rd Place – Addison Evan and Emily Shoff – Peep-tastic Experiment
Check out a short video slideshow for all of the science fair highlights – 2018 Lincoln Science Fair