As part of our ongoing partnership with our emergency responders, the Mt. Lebanon Police (MLPD), Fire (MLFD), Medical Rescue Team South (MRTSA), and the Mt. Lebanon School District are facilitating a Large Scale Community Crisis Training: Active Shooter Training Exercise on July 17, 2018 at Mt. Lebanon High School. The exercise will take place from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The High School campus will be closed during this exercise.
As part of the drill, we are seeking approximately 100 adult volunteers to carry out the role of students and others who might be involved in an active shooter situation at a school. Volunteers must be 18 years of age (not a Mt. Lebanon High School student), a resident of Mt. Lebanon, or an employee of the District or Municipality as a non-resident, and have graduated from high school.
- 8:00 - 8:30 am Volunteers arrive and check-in; coffee/donuts (High School's Center Court)
- 8:30 am Safety briefing (Center Court)
- 9:00 - 10:00 am Scenario #1
- 10:00 am (Debrief & prepare for scenario #2) (Center Court)
- 10:30 - 11:30 am Scenario #2
- 11:30 am (Debrief & Lunch in Center Court)
It is important for local law enforcement, first responders, and school personnel to be prepared for these types of events and this exercise is designed to help with that preparation. Thank you to those who volunteer to assist the MLPD and MLFD in this important training exercise.