Today the state of Pennsylvania launched the Safe2Say Something anonymous reporting app. This app will now take the place of the MTLSD Student Protect App. The MTLSD Student Protect app is no longer available in iOS and Android stores. If you have downloaded the app please delete it from your phone. You will no longer be able to send alerts from the app. Effective today, January 14, please download the Safe2Say Something anonymous reporting app.
As always, in an emergency do not hesitate to call 9-1-1.
Safe2Say Something is a youth violence prevention program run by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. The program teaches youth and adults how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, from individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and to "say something" BEFORE it is too late.
In 2018, the General Assembly passed Act 44 mandating the establishment and use of the "Safe2Say Something" (S2SS) anonymous reporting system by every Pennsylvania school entity by January 14, 2019.
THREE WAYS TO SUBMIT AN ANONYMOUS TIP:
- Call the tipline: 1-844-SAF2SAY (1-844-723-2729)
- Use the website: www.safe2saypa.org
- Use the mobile app available in iOS and Android stores
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- Submit an anonymous tip report through the Safe2SaySomething system
- Crisis center reviews, assesses and processes all submissions
- Crisis center sends all submissions to school administration and/or law enforcement for intervention
- If needed, crisis center may contact tipster anonymously through the app