On this month's School Board agenda is approval of the Pennsylvania Department of Education's (PDE) required Special Education Plan, a subsection of the PDE Comprehensive Plan. The plan reflects PDE requirements and is not intended to be a program review. The plan includes only special education, not gifted services. Elements of the required plan included in the report are:
- Assurances related to providing Free and Appropriate Education (FAPE) through a range of services, implementing a child find (identification) protocol, inclusionary practices, compliance with state and federal guidelines, and appropriate utilization of Access (federal) funds;
- A description of the facilities that are utilized by the District to provide special education services, both in-district and out;
- A program profile that outlines the various positions in the district that provide Special Education services.
- A description of available in-district support services; and
- A description of utilized contracted services.
Special Education Director Dr. Heather Doyle gave a presentation to Board at the March 11, 2019 Discussion meeting.
School Board Presentation PDF March 11, 2019