The 2018-19 school year promises to be an exciting time at JES! We have so many things to look forward to this year, and we want you to be a part of it all. The 2018 JES PTA Board would like to personally invite you to join us as we work with our administration and teachers to create the best possible educational experience for our children.
If you are new JES, or even if have been a part of our family for years, you may have questions about PTA, our mission and what we ask of our members. Here are some quick facts:
- The JES PTA is a diverse group of parents, caregivers and teachers who band together to provide to support programs that enhance the school experience for all our students.
- By joining the PTA, you help provide us with the financial support to make these projects possible. Your membership does not require any volunteer hours, but it does allow you the opportunity to sign-up for volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule.
- Our PTA programs consist of educational, cultural, and social activities including Breakfast with Someone Special, Cultural Arts Assemblies, Fall Family Welcome, Family Art Night, Field Day, Fifth Grade Farewell, Fun Fair, Holiday Shoppe, Jump Rope for Heart, Kids of Steel, Lunchtime Clubs, Odyssey of the Mind, Read-A-Thon, Reflections, Science Fair, Skating Party, Spelling Bee, Student Gardens, Super Science Day, Talent Show, Veteran’s Day Breakfast, and the JES Yearbook.
These important student experiences are fully-funded and administered by the JES PTA through the generosity or our members and support of our parents through fundraising activities.
- We also provide outreach to JES families in need, coordinate community service projects and support our classroom teachers by fulfilling classroom wish lists, reimburse teacher purchases for classroom materials and provide educational materials for the Matt’s Makerspace at JES
- Being a PTA member also allows you to vote on important decisions about PTA endeavors and its future leadership, and suggest new ideas for PTA projects. Membership also gives you access to the PTA school directory, and delivers our PTA newsletter to your inbox twice a month.
We hope you will consider becoming a member today and support us in these endeavors. Your support and participation are what make JES a special place for our children.
We look forward to seeing you at our next school-wide event or our next PTA meeting!
Returning JES families – Please click here to update your family information for the new school year. Simply, enter your last name and email to get started. It couldn’t be easier!
New families - Click here and enter our join code MTLSDJesPTA to be included in our all-school directory. We don’t want you to miss a minute of our exciting programs this year!
Once you enter/update your family information, please visit our online store to become a PTA Member. Your membership will support our valuable PTA programs, ensure that you have access to our new online directory (including from your mobile device) and guarantee that you continue to receive our informative emails and reminders throughout the school year.
While in our store, please consider making an optional tax-deductible donation to help offset our fundraising needs this year. Your generosity is greatly appreciated, and every dollar you donate will go directly to our school and benefit your child.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Yearbook Orders Due
Friday, April 12
5th Grade Memory Book Cover Entries Due
Tuesday, April 23
JES PTA Meeting
Tuesday, April 23
Kona Ice Day
Friday, April, 26
JES Chipotle Spirit Night
Tuesday, April 30
Cochran Road Location
This calendar contains JES PTA events ONLY.